Thursday 12 July 2012

Leftover Prawn 65 | Prawn Fry

We can't always expect the restaurants to give us the taste we expect. Sometimes its just above the standard sometimes its just the opposite. Last time when we left to a restaurant, we ordered 'prawn masala' and it ended up in some pepper flavored masala that didn't satisfy our taste buds. So we did not even bother about touching it after tasting some. Everyone wanted to discard the leftover, but I opted for a parcel to take the prawn masala home. My point is why waste some hundreds for just discarding?, obviously we don't discard quickly what we make at home, right?. So as per my advice we had it packed, I came home and stored it in the refrigerator, call me frugal or whatever. The next day I prepared this crispy, delicious leftover prawn 65 and we all enjoyed it. Now am proud that I haven't wasted my hubby's money!! The only thing you should take care is, that if the prawns are over fried or cooked well already you cant fry it for a longer time, so just a few minutes cooking should be done. You can prepare the same with fresh prawns too. Am sure it will be useful for all of you. Serves as a good starter or snack.


INGREDIENTS

  1. Leftover prawns - 20 pieces
  2. Corn flour - 2 spoons
  3. All purpose flour (or) Besan flour - 1 spoon (optional)
  4. Rice flour - 2 spoons
  5. Curd - 1 spoon 
  6. Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 spoon 
  7. Sambar powder - 1/2 spoon (optional)
  8. Red chilli powder - 1.5 spoons
  9. Saunf/fennel powder - A pinch
  10. Salt - As per taste 
  11. Oil - For deep frying

PREPARATION METHOD

  • Wash prawns well and remove extra masala. Set aside.
  • Mix all the ingredients well, add water and make a thick batter.
  • Now marinate the prawns with the batter. 
  • Set aside for 15 minutes and deep fry the prawns.
  • Squeeze lemon and serve.
TIP 1 : You can use fresh prawns and prepare the same dish.

TIP 2 : Sambar powder gives a good aroma, but if you wish you  can avoid it.

TIP 3 : Add a spoon of soya sauce for a restaurant type prawn 65.

TIP 4 : Fry the fried prawns once again on a high flame a second time to get crispy prawn 65 and be careful not to burn it.

TIP 5 : I haven't used any coloring agents, its carcinogenic and should be avoided. Without the addition of food colors itself the prawns look good.

TIP 6 : Besan flour will stick to the pan's bottom so try using corn flour and  rice flour alone. But besan flour increases the taste. Or use all purpose flour instead.


Crispy prawn 65 is ready to be served!! Its really tasty and worth trying!!



Enhanced by Zemanta

27 comments:

  1. wow..yummy prawns..i love prawns..this is absolutely my treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hehe i was on my blog and on my dashboard saw a new post

    so just came to check it out without reading its about prawns

    sorry wont comment abt ur post but u did something useful with left over good for u


    and award thanks a lot buddy

    and congrats to u too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious dear !!!...Congrats !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi divya.... grt recipe and they look very delicous... good clicks too...:)
    Congrats on ur arwards too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on ur award dear:) prawn looks so crispy and mouthwatering:)
    http://indiantastyfoodrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on you award dear.. prawns are very crispy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats dear. Lovely prawn recipe from leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Divya. Iam not a prawn eater, but i will try this for my hubby, looks good

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy prawns65 makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for the award dear and thanks for sharing with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your award Divya.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Divya,

    CONGRATULATIONS For the Blog Ribbon !!!!!

    Prawns 65 looks Fabulous:)))

    Keep on Dear...

    www.southindiafoodrecipes.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prawn 65 looks delicious. Congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg, those prawn 65 looks addictive and highly irresistible. Congrats on ur award.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't had prawns in such a long time, let alone leftovers... This looks great! I've got to go buy some now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely way of using left overs..even I don't like wasting anything.always find ways of using it in a different way to make it appetizing.
    Congrats on your award and for also honouring me with it.
    Will post it today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here's my smart thangai, always original and finding ways to save, I learn a lot from you, my sweet :)
    Thanks for the lovely words about me and my blog, you are as kind as ever and always supporting me a lot. I love reading your fabulous moments, your loves and hates, it makes me feel closer to you because now I know a bit more about you.

    Sending you kisses and all my love :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a brilliant idea of not wasting food and you have make a wonderful turnaround with the prawns.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow..your prawn 65 is so inviting that I feel to grab from the screen.
    Thanks for dropping in so that I could find your fabulous space here..
    Congrats on your winning award..Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Smart idea to take home the disappointing items from a restaurant, and then "fix" them! They shouldn't go to waste, and this way they become enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Divya for the Award!The prawns look yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you dear friends for all the appreciations and comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your award and thank u so much for sharing divya:) Lovely prawn recipe..and awesome idea without wasting it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit. Do drop in your valuable comments and suggestions :) Please do not add any links to your site/blog such comments will not be published. Click on notify me and get notified about my reply to your comments.

Most Loved Recipe

Grilled Chicken Recipe | Indian Style Chicken Grilled

Magazine Features!

Bake Without Oven

Bake Without Oven
Click for recipes

Disclaimer

All photos, and content here are clicked and edited by me. If anyone wishes to use the photos or contents, please get prior permission from the author and then use it. If found stealing will be strictly penalized. Comments are always welcome but spam and comments that seem to hurt any individual will be deleted without prior information.